Make Lasagna with your favorite JR Chef!
Cooking Classes at our “ Cookshop” take place at 45 East Main Street, Babylon.
- Cost is per 1 person, unless class states otherwise ( 'Kids & Adult Class tickets are for 2)
- Classes are approximately 2.5 - 3 hrs
- Kids (10-15) classes run 1.5hrs, guardians are welcome to wait or drop off
- Kids (5-9) are approx. 1hr and require at least one guardian to stay the duration of class
- Our classes are capped at 16-18 students usually working in groups of 2 – 4 , Individuals will be paired with a partner. If you prefer to work solo please notify us in the space provided during booking - or call our store at 631-818-1100
Please note all allergies or special needs in the space provided at checkout.
We understand that sometimes class cancellations are necessary, and this policy describes what happens in the event of a cancellation.
- For cancellations made up to 48 hours before the scheduled start time of a class, Babylon Mercantile will provide you with credit towards a future class in the form of a e-Gift Card.
- If cancellations made less than 48 hours before the scheduled start of a class, we are not able to offer any refunds or in-store credit.
- (Cancellations or changes can be made (1) in person or by calling 631-818-1100 and speaking directly to a Babylon Mercantile representative. We cannot accept or honor cancellations made by email or left on voicemail.
- BootCamp or "Special Event" cancellations: Any cancellation made 1 week prior to the event will receive a credit towards future classes, 1 week to 48 hours prior will receive 50% credit, and 48 hours prior to class we cannot provide any credit or refund
- When we cancel a class due to inclement weather, or other circumstances beyond our control (e.g., power outages, facility issues, etc.), we will endeavor to contact you by email or telephone with as much notice as possible and issue a full refund to the original form of payment (or, if you prefer, issue you a refund in the form of a Babylon Mercantile gift card). However, if we do not affirmatively cancel a class by email or telephone and you are unable to attend, our standard cancellation policy applies.
- Classes with Less than 4 Students may be cancelled
Covid Cancellations: If you become ill, please attempt to test at least 48 hours before class and inform us of a positive result as soon as possible. We will do our best to accommodate you by offering the following alternatives:
1: Customer finds someone to take their spot(s) - and will receive 20% off a future booking.
2: BM provides customers with their meal/ingredients in a take-home kit. Kit includes instructions and a personal call with the chef to review the recipe. Plus, the customer receives 20% off a future booking
3: Customer declines options 1 and 2 and receives a 50% credit towards another class
4: BM rebooks you into a future class of equal value of our choice; BM will try their best to accommodate customers' schedule
Babylon Mercantile reserves the right to modify class menus at any time due to ingredient availability or seasonality.)
The intent of our classes is to teach, the results of a dish or pastry may differ from class to class and by the student. In some classes, specifically, pastry & baking weather may affect the outcome of the recipe.
Online Cooking Class Wavier and Media Release
PARTICIPANT hereby grants permission to Babylon Mercantile, to use any images (photographs and/or video) for use in Media publications. PARTICIPANT hereby waives any right to inspect or approve the finished photographs or electronic matter that may be used in conjunction with them now or in the future, whether that use is known to me or unknown, and PARTICIPANT waives any right to royalties or other compensation arising from or related to the use of the image.
Unless you provide Babylon Mercantile with written notice to the contrary, prior to your participation in any Babylon Mercantile class or activity, you agree that Babylon Mercantile may take photographs or make a video, audio, or other recordings of such class or activity, and hereby grant Babylon Mercantile permission to use such photographs or recordings, along with your image, voice, performance, or likeness, on Babylon Mercantile website, for marketing and advertising purposes, in connection with media releases, for informational purposes, and for any other commercial purpose reasonably related to Babylon Mercantile business as determined by Babylon Mercantile. Confidentiality Babylon Mercantile shall strive to preserve the confidentiality of any information provided to Babylon Mercantile and will not sell or give your information to any third party.
By purchasing this class, you agree to Babylon Mercantile cooking class terms and conditions, including cancellation policies.