In this class we will demystify the creature of the sea. A staple of Mediterranean and cuisine preparing Octopus is nothing to be afraid of! From dipping 3 times to a cork in the water - you will leave with all the 'tricks' you need to make a tender and tasty octopus at home.
Braised & Charred Octopus with Chorizo, Potatoes, Cherry Peppers and Wilted Frisee
Homemade Garlic Aioli
Endive Salad with Lemon Herb Vinaigrette
(GF) Gluten Free
Cost is per 1 person, unless class states otherwise ( 'Kids & Adult Class tickets are for 2)
Classes are approximately 2.5
Kids (10-15) classes run 1.5hrs, guardians are welcome to wait or drop off
Kids (5-9) are approx. 1hr and require at least one guardian to stay the duration of class
Our classes are capped at 12 students usually working in groups of 2 – 4 , Individuals will be paired with a partner. If you prefer to work solo please notify us in the space provided during booking - or call our store at 631-818-1100
Please note all allergies or special needs in the space provided at checkout.
We understand that sometimes class cancellations are necessary, and this policy describes what happens in the event of a cancellation.
Please provide us with as much notice as possible if you feel you are unable to make the class. We staff and purchase according to the number of guests scheduled for the class. Providing notice also allows us time to rebook your space.
- For cancellations made up to 48 hours before the scheduled start time of a class, Babylon Mercantile will provide you with credit towards a future class
- For cancellations made less than 48 hours before the scheduled start of a class, we are not able to offer any refunds or in-store credit.
- Cancellations or changes can be made (1) in-person in at the location of the culinary class or by calling 631-818-1100 and speaking directly to a Babylon Mercantile representative. We cannot accept or honor cancellations made by email or left on voicemail.
- No Shows are considered a cancellation and not eligible for refund or rebooking
- When we cancel a class due to inclement weather, or other circumstances beyond our control (e.g., power outages, facility issues, etc.), we will endeavor to contact you by email or telephone with as much notice as possible and issue a full refund to the original form of payment (or, if you prefer, issue you a refund in the form of a Babylon Mercantile gift card). However, if we do not affirmatively cancel a class by email or telephone and you are unable to attend, our standard cancellation policy applies.
- If for any reason you're not feeling well enough to cook on your class day, Please contact us at 631-818-1100.
We are closely following CDC and local public health orders and guidelines.
Vaccinated attendees may go mask-free if they choose, unless required by County or State Mandates.
If for any reason you're not feeling well enough to cook on your class day, Please contact our customer service 631-818-1100.
Babylon Mercantile reserves the right to modify class menus at any time due to ingredient availability or seasonality.)
The intent of our classes is to teach, the results of a dish or pastry may differ class to class and by student. In some classes, specifically pastry & baking weather may affect the outcome of the recipe.
Classes with less than 4 students may be cancelled.
Online Cooking Class Wavier and Media Release I understand that by turning on my electronic device’s camera during an Online Cooking Class, it will broadcast to the Chef and class participants. I consent to and allow any reproduction of any and all photographs or video recordings taken of myself or a member of my household during our participation in the Online Cooking Class. I agree to Babylon Mercantile’s right to use or reproduce such photographs and video recordings in any media, including social media or online.
By purchasing this class, you agree to Babylon Mercantile cooking class terms and conditions, including cancellation policies.