Tuck into this cozy, comforting meal as we celebrate this heritage breed. Berkshire Port is renowned for its distinct marbling that gives its meat intense flavor and richness. We'll learn how to use seasonal ingredients that complement the pork's natural robust flavor and create comforting sides for a meal you will want to make again and again
- Cider-Braised Berkshire Pork with Apples and Bacon
- Creamy Polenta
- Wilted Winter Greens with Shaved Parmesan
(GF) Gluten Free
When Booking with a gift card, please select “ Gift Card” at check out and add your GiftCard number to the order. Please bring your card with you to the class for processing.
WHAT CAN I EXPECT ?
Get ready to roll up your sleeves for a hands-on experience. Our small class sizes ensure that you get plenty of personal attention from your chef instructor, who will walk you through each step of the recipe and demonstrate specific techniques. Cooking Classes in our “ Cookshop” take place at 45 East Main Street, Babylon.
Our kitchen is designed specifically to be a learning environment. You’ll have a workstation equipped with all the tools and ingredients you’ll need for each recipe, and you’ll have time to enjoy everything you make. We will also provide you with recipes and "at home" instructions for all the menu items.
We will provide you with an apron, but we recommend wearing casual clothes that you don’t mind getting a little bit messy in. We ask that you wear flat comfortable shoes. Please do not wear open-toed shoes or sandals.
Please pull long hair back.
We are closely following CDC and local public health orders and guidelines.If required by local legislation, proof of vaccination may be required for cooking class participation.
Vaccinated attendees may go mask-free if they choose, unless required by County or State Mandates. All other attendees under 11 years old are required to wear a mask.
Instructors and staff will wear face coverings throughout your class.
Vaccinated attendees from aged 12 and older may go mask-free if they choose. All other attendees are required to wear a mask.
If for any reason you're not feeling well enough to cook on your class day, it's not a problem. We’ve modified our cancellation policy to be more flexible and will help you cancel. Please contact our customer service 631-818-1100.
We understand that sometimes class cancellations are necessary, and this policy describes what happens in the event of a cancellation.
- For cancellations made up to 48 hours before the schedule start time of a class, Babylon Mercantile will provide you with credit towards a future class – this will be in the form of a Cooking Class e-Gift Card. For cancellations made less than 48 hours before the scheduled start of a class, we are not able to offer any refunds or in-store credit.
- (Cancellations or changes can be made (1) in person in at the location of the culinary class or by calling 631-818-1100 and speaking directly to a Babylon Mercantile representative. We cannot accept or honor cancellations made by email or left on voicemail.
- When we cancel a class due to inclement weather, or other circumstances beyond our control (e.g., power outages, facility issues, etc.), we will endeavor to contact you by email or telephone with as much notice as possible and issue a full refund to the original form of payment (or, if you prefer, issue you a refund in the form of a Babylon Mercantile gift card). However, if we do not affirmatively cancel a class by email or telephone and you are unable to attend, our standard cancellation policy applies.
Babylon Mercantile reserves the right to modify class menus at any time due to ingredient availability or seasonality.)
The intent of our classes is to teach, the results of a dish or pastry may differ class to class and by student. In some classes, specifically pastry & baking weather may effect the outcome of the recipe.
Online Cooking Class Wavier and Media Release I understand that by turning on my electronic device’s camera during an Online Cooking Class, it will broadcast to the Chef and class participants. I consent to and allow any reproduction of any and all photographs or video recordings taken of myself or a member of my household during our participation in the Online Cooking Class. I agree to Babylon Mercantile’s right to use or reproduce such photographs and video recordings in any media, including social media or online.
By purchasing this class, you agree to Babylon Mercantile’s cooking class terms and conditions, including cancellation policies.